Practicing for the Amstel Ice Swim
In preparation of the Amstel Ice Swim we organize a weekly training. Participating at
this training is at your own risk.
Your body will get used to the cold temperatures by doing a weekly training in the ice.
The training will be given by experienced ice swimmers and/or event organizers.
During the training they will share their experience and wisdom about ice swimming
At the location we have heated dressing rooms and warm showers. So, after a cool
dip we have a nice place to warm up again.
Trainings will be held according to the rules of the IISA and IISA Nederland. This
means that in openwater the usage of a safety bouy is mandatory. We also use the
buddy system: every swimmer has to pair up and keep an eye on each other so that
in the end we can all enjoy a hot beverage.
Every Sunday morning there is a practice to prepare yourself for the Amstel Ice Swim
- Location: Outdoor en Watersportcentrum Jeugdland
- Time: Sunday morning shift 1: 09:00-09:45 and shift 2: 09:45-10:30
- Data: every Sunday, start 25th of October
- Costs: €65 for 13 practices, €39 for 6 practices or €7,50 per practice
- Important: Registration for the training is mandatory, because we want to spread participants over the training shifts!